Electronic training of dogs, electronic collars

• Hello in year 2008!

Recently a Belgium trainer Bart Bellon visited Russia with his electronic training of dogs and electronic collars.

Now some people are fascinated with it, some reject it, some haven't made their minds yet.

My question is: was there any serious scientific reaserch made in Belgium (Europe) that proved that Electronic collars are not dangerous to dogs? I do not object any business. I just care for dogs.

Are such collars popular in Europe?

Has anybody used or still use them?

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von Julia ()

• Zitat

Original von hansteiner
    in germany they are forbidden by law. i think that needs no more explanation. :zwinker2:

For me - no. Even not knowing about the law - I would never use them or recommend them.

Both Electric and Electronic collars are forbidden?

• I know there whas a testing of elec. collars and it whas proven that is whassend good for the dogs. I´m against it but for some dogs to us it to train for problem behavior like running after sheep, and hurting theme and whont listen to the boss. Í´m ok but thene with somebody who nows to use the collar and correct on the wright time.

But sadly I see it much used in Holland by trainers in IPO and KNPV.
    And on a competition you can see the dogs who are trained with and without elec. collars. And for me not on a positif way. The caracter of the dogs is supressed and not yoyfull working. Constantly waiting for the shock!!!

• in germany it is also still used a lot.

i am the same oppinion than bianca, that there can be very difficult cases where it is usefull. but you need a lot of experience a nd a lot of patience to use it with sence.

• Alas!

I can see - the same problems everywhere.

If applied with sence... Only when it is really necessary and with much care...But people sometimes are lazy to train and control dog all the time and not very reasonable and witty - and when manufactured the El.collars would be sold to everybode whishing to buy...And people are told that it won't hurt...

But I'd better be optimistic.

For example, this year there were much less fireworks than last year - and not in every city yard!

• there are studies that have find out, that it could come to problems with the dogs heart by heavy using.
    but there are still to many people, that use it a s an everyday aid.

and certainly you still can buy them without a problem in germany. only using it is forbidden.

• Zitat

Original von hansteiner

but there are still to many people, that use it a s an everyday aid.

Just like strong medicin pills...

At least, if thing is prohibited and reasonably told why it is forbidden - it's better than nothing!

• Zitat

Original von Bianca
    IAnd on a competition you can see the dogs who are trained with and without elec. collars. And for me not on a positif way. The caracter of the dogs is supressed and not yoyfull working. Constantly waiting for the shock!!!

It is so nice to see really cheerful, not suppressed dogs at the competitions!

• Zitat

Originally posted by hansteiner
    in germany they are forbidden by law. i think that needs no more explanation. :zwinker2:

:daumen: In my Country Croatia prong collar and e collar are forbindden. I know that some dogs " need" it, do not take my work exactelly, but dogs with very high drive, special police and army dogs maybe need it for "leave" command. I am totaly against all rough method of working, special in sports, because sports should be enjoy "play" with dog and handler.And get a schock is not enjoy play. :schock:

I rarely use to my girls metal collar, but only when i prepare for some exame, just because on exame must has metal collar and girls need time for adapt on it.

Maybe some other breeds can be handel with e collar, :schweig: but beauceron breed is very sensible breed and i think that using e collar owner can make un recover demagge.